Wednesday, August 28, 2013

{Homemade Mocha Latte}

In an effort to save more and spend less my husband and I decided it was time to cut back on a LOT of unnecessary luxuries....including once daily Starbucks for each of us. As hard as it may be to break a certain habit it makes it way easier when you notice more money than usual in your bank account ;) Since I work from home I have had time to different iced coffee recipes to compensate for our "no Starbucks" rule and today I think I finally came up with one that will make this change a lot easier!

{Ingredients}

Freshly brewed coffee
Unsweetened almond (or soy) milk
1 packet of hot chocolate
Whipped topping
Ice
A dash of cinnamon
Hazelnut coffee creamer (not pictured)


After adding the packet of hot chocolate to the hot coffee I let it cool in the fridge for a few min before I got impatient and then added the ice & almond milk. After tasting that it wasn't sweet enough for me so I decided to add a little bit of my hazelnut coffee creamer...so good! Add any flavor you like, for fall I will use pumpkin spice creamer, obviously ;) I then put it in my Starbucks cup with ice, added whipped topping, a dash of cinnamon and of course, a cute straw! Enjoy!
xo
Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment